Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
In this session of The Engineering Career Coach Podcast, I provide the five-step process that I have utilized to overcome my addiction to e-mail in hopes that you can do the same.
E-mail is a valuable method of communication, but it is also dangerous; it can seriously hamper our productivity, especially if we live in our inboxes, like I did. In this session, I will outline in detail how I overcame my e-mail addiction for those of you who want to do the same and increase your productivity.
“Email is familiar. It’s comfortable. It’s easy to use. But it might just be the biggest killer of time and productivity in the office today.” – Ryan Holmes
The career-changing tip at the end of the show will challenge you to do something that will feel both uncomfortable and liberating at the same time.
Listen to this session and learn:
- Why having a daily schedule will help you to be less dependent on your e-mail inbox
- How to establish better e-mail-checking habits and stop allowing other people to dictate what you do throughout the day
- How to utilize e-mail labels and folders in a manner that is more productive and less stressful
- Why and how to process your inbox to empty every day
- How to cement new e-mail habits that will change your life
Resources and links mentioned in this session include:
Free Gift for Engineers
Special Event for Engineers in San Diego
Engineer Your Own Success Updated Edition (Coming Soon)
Boomerang for Gmail
Click Here for Session #26 Transcription
What questions or tips do you have about effective e-mail management?
I would love to hear any questions you might have or tips that have been helpful for you in regards to e-mail management.
Please leave your comments or questions in the section below.
To your success,
Anthony Fasano, PE, LEED AP
Engineering Management Institute
Author of Engineer Your Own Success