In this episode, you will be listening to a conversation between myself and Amanda Glover who helps introverts build confidence and be the best professionals they can be. We will talk specifically about how introverts can nail the job search process, as well as the importance of overcoming limiting beliefs.
Here are some of the key points discussed about overcoming limiting beliefs and tackling the job search for rising introverts:
- An introvert is not simply a shy person or somebody that is not outgoing. It is someone who needs time to recharge their batteries alone after they spent a lot of time with people.
- The key difference between an introvert and an extrovert is that an extroverted person gets their energy by being around other people. Introverts are happy to be around other people, but after time they start to deplete their energy levels and they just need to spend some time alone.
- Limiting beliefs are very dangerous and are what holds a lot of professionals back in their careers.
- During an interview, it might be difficult for introverts to speak off the cuff and have answers coming to them in the moment as they often need more time to process their thoughts. The best way to manage your nerves and prepare for an interview is to prepare, do your research and to practice over and over again. If you practice enough and you have your answers well thought out, you will nail your job interview because the answers will just come flowing naturally.
- When it comes to salary negotiations, you have to do a lot of preliminary preparation and research. If possible, ask the company that will be interviewing you ahead of time for their company’s benefits information. This will allow you to compare the benefits at your current job versus the new job you are interested in, which will be very good leverage to use during a salary negotiation.
- During an interview, people get excited when they can sense passion coming from the other side of the table. If you could really articulate why you are excited to be in the interview, it will captivate the attention of the person interviewing you.
More in this episode…
In the Take Action Today segment of the show, Amanda provides some great actionable advice on overcoming limiting beliefs in your overall career and life.
About Amanda Glover
As a journalist at heart, Amanda Glover combines her love for writing and business, to help introverts create compelling resumes and interview stories. As an introvert who found personal acceptance late in life, she founded Rising Introverts to help introverts nail the job interview and generate greater confidence in their everyday lives.
I am who I am. I am not very complicated. I am simple and an introvert. – Tiger Shroff
Resources and links mentioned in this session include:
How to Start a New Initiative at Work and the Value It Brings to Your Success (1 PDH)
Susan Cain: The power of introverts | TED Talk
Reverse Your Self-Limiting Beliefs in Days!
Learn How to Nail the Job Interview!
This episode is brought to you by PPI, the leader of FE, PE, or SE exam preparations. Visit ppi2pass.com to find essential licensure exam prep books, digital review, and helpful tips and advice.
Books mentioned in the session:
What strategies can I use for overcoming limiting beliefs?
We would love to hear any questions you might have or stories you might share on overcoming limiting beliefs.
Please leave your comments, feedback or questions in the section below.
To your success,
Anthony Fasano, PE, LEED AP
The Engineering Career Coach
Author of Engineer Your Own Success