In episode 102 of The Civil Engineering Podcast, I speak with Jennifer Sloan Ziegler, a Project Engineer focusing on water resources, specifically watershed management and coastal restoration. We discuss government policy and its importance in civil engineering, and why all civil engineers should in some way get involved in policy.
Raise the Bar: Closing the Education Gap for the Future Civil Engineer
In episode 72 of The Civil Engineering Podcast, I talk with Kelly Dooley ASCE’s Director of the Raise the Bar initiative and Brad Aldrich from Aldrich + Elliott on ASCE’s Raise the Bar initiative which is focused on closing the education gap for future civil engineers. We will also be answering some questions from the ASCE LinkedIn group on the Raising the Bar initiative. [Read more…] about TCEP 072: Raise the Bar: Closing the Education Gap for the Future Civil Engineer
The Involvement of Civil Engineers in Legislation
In episode 069 of The Civil Engineering Podcast, I talk with Daniel Loscalzo, PE, LEED AP, a young civil engineer about the involvement of civil engineers in legislation. Civil engineers in legislation is something we hear about much more often these days, which is a very good thing.
Here are some of the questions I ask:
- What has been the historical role of civil engineers in legislation?
- What programs are available to for civil engineers to stay in touch with politicians?
- Are there other programs like ASCE’s key contact program that are representing engineers in political discussion?
- Why is it so important to have discussions with politicians?
- What are some things that you have learned from conversing with politicians?
- What would your advice be for engineers who would like to become more involved in politics? Do you have to specifically be part of a specific party to make an impact on the political conversation?
- Do you feel that there is an ethical element to engineers working in politics?
Here are some key points about the involvement of Civil Engineers in Legislation:
In episode 037 of The Civil Engineering Podcast, I am share 10 specific strategies for providing stellar service to your civil engineering clients. Ths strategies in this episode are brought to you directly from civil engineers who commented on a discussion on this topic that I posted on LinkedIn.
Quotes to think about:
Here are 10 effective ways to provide stellar service to your civil engineering clients:
In this episode of The Civil Engineering Podcast, I interview Paul Eng-Wong, Professional Engineer and Principal in the Newark office of Vanasse Hangen Brustlin, Inc. (VHB). We talk about professional ethics, mentoring, and the importance of being able to communicate effectively. Eng-Wong also gives 10 insightful strategies to help you advance your career as a civil engineer. Also in this episode, for our Civil Engineering Project of the Week Segment, we take a closer look at the Great Wall of China.