In this very first episode of The Engineering Quality Control Podcast, I introduce the show, host, and goals for making this podcast extremely useful to you, because we know your time is valuable and we want this show to be worth tuning in for you.
Welcome to This Week in Civil Engineering (TWiCE), the first weekly audio and video podcast covering weekly news stories and events related to civil engineering and its sub-disciplines. In this introduction episode of TWiCE, I explain how this show is going to work, introduce you to our four hosts for the show, and also provide you with a sample news story featuring some of the latest industry news and updates in the civil engineering industry. Our first complete episode will publish next week on 9/17 featuring Khamini H. Fennelly.
Everyone should be up to date with what is going on in your industry because it can really have a lot of implications on you, your career, and your company’s growth. With This Week in Civil Engineering, our goal is for you to be able to listen to this podcast, or watch the video version every week for 10-20 minutes and get updated on industry happenings.
We will dive into topics that will include, but are not limited to:
In episode 001 of The Geotechnical Engineering Podcast, we introduce the show, host, and goals for making this podcast extremely useful to you, because we know your time is valuable and we want this show to be worth tuning in for you.
Here Are Some of the Questions I Ask Your Host Jared Green in This Episode:
- What has been going through your mind as an engineer working through everything that is happening in the world today?
- When it comes to promoting equity and STEM, do you feel like you need to be leading the way on it?
- Can you talk about some of the most valuable experiences that you have had in your geotechnical engineering career and that have contributed to where you are today?
- Which project stands out for you that had an impact on you and your geotechnical engineering career?
- You are highly active on social media — why is that?
- Lots of people say you are an influencer in the geotechnical engineering industry. Would you agree with that?
- With adding the podcast to your platform, what are your thoughts on how it can be used in different ways?
- What excites you today about geotechnical engineering?
Here Are Some of the Key Points Discussed About Geotechnical Engineering:
Structural engineering, like most engineering industries, is constantly evolving with technical guidelines, new techniques, and updated standards. There are also new and exciting structural engineering projects being completed every day worldwide.
This niche industry deserves its own podcast to cover these issues, and therefore the Engineering Management Institute (EMI) is excited to be launching The Structural Engineering Podcast (TSEP). TSEP will cover items including but not limited to performance-based design, fasteners and connections, post-tensioned structures, smart structures, tsunami modeling, software solutions, seismic design, blast resistant design, wood, business issues, professional development for structural engineers, how to specify things effectively, and many more topics.
The podcast will be sponsored by Computers and Structures, Inc. (CSI) and we are grateful for their support. (CSI) Computers and Structures, Inc. is recognized globally as the pioneering leader in software tools for structural and earthquake engineering. Software from CSI is used by thousands of engineering firms in over 160 countries for the design of major projects.