In episode 88 of The Civil Engineering Podcast, I talk with Stephen Morse, PE, LEED AP from Grant Engineering about growing a civil engineering company from the ground up. Stephen talks about the process he went through in growing his company from starting out in his apartment to now having a growing office in New York City.
Here are some of the questions I ask Stephen:
- What made you decide to start your own civil engineering company?
- Tell us about your experience of hiring your first employee.
- What types of projects are you currently working on, and what is your involvement in those projects?
- How many employees does Grant Engineering have?
- Can you explain what the organization: “Engineers Without Borders” is?
- What would you say to a civil engineer that might consider starting their own civil engineering company?