In this episode, I talk with Matt Aston, GPRS’ founder, about the company’s various services, including video pipe inspection, leak detection, laser scanning, and ground-penetrating radar. He shares the origin story of GPRS and its growth strategy, and also introduces the SiteMap initiative, which aims to create a comprehensive view of underground infrastructure for facilities.
Here Are Some of the Questions I Ask Matt:
- How does video pipe inspection work, and in which scenarios is it most useful?
- What is the technology behind infrastructure leak detection, and how does GPRS enhance traditional methods in this crucial aspect?
- How does the use of laser scanning services benefit your clients?
- What do ground-penetrating radar services entail, and how do they play a crucial role in construction and utility management?
- Could you share a bit about the origin story of GPRS, from its beginnings as a one-person venture to evolving into a company with 800 employees?
- How has the company’s growth strategy evolved as it has expanded?
- Could you provide some information about your new initiative, SiteMap, including its goals and what distinguishes it from other services in the market?
- What advice would you offer to someone interested in pursuing a career in GPR services, and how can they best prepare for such a profession?