In episode 76 of The Civil Engineering Podcast, I interview two guests that work in the Civil Engineering world and have worked on very special projects that are helping our community and the world as a whole. They are Alan Lloyd, CIH, CSP, Associate Vice President and Corporate Health and Safety Officer from Pennoni, and Menzer Pehlivan, Ph.D., P.E., from CH2M who was one of the stars in the Dream Big Movie.
How to Communicate Effectively on Civil Engineering Projects
In episode 074 of The Civil Engineering Podcast, I talk with Steve Soldati, PE about how to communicate effectively on civil engineering projects.
Here are some of the questions I ask Steve about communicating effectively on civil engineering projects :
- Why is communication important for engineering professionals?
- What are some things you have done to improve your skills?
- Are there any tools that you use or recommend to improve/streamline communications?
- Can you give examples of positive/negative communication instances in your career?
- Talk about team communication early in project development.
- Tell us about conflict resolution within a team.