In this episode, I talk with Lisa Earle McLeod, a global expert on purpose-driven work. She is the author of five books, including the bestseller: Selling with Noble Purpose and we will be talking about how you can lead with a noble purpose, and how by doing this, you can improve your engineering career and life dramatically.
In episode 108 of The Civil Engineering Podcast, I will be speaking with Lisa Roger, PMP who is the Chief Information Officer (CIO) at Dewberry. We talk about her work in the Information Technology (IT) Department and also discuss the importance of IT Professionals in the engineering world.
Here are some of the questions I ask Lisa Roger, CIO:
- What does being a CIO mean in terms of your responsibilities at Dewberry?
- Talk to us about your philosophy in terms of IT?
- Do you encourage interaction between IT professionals and engineering professionals?
- How do you decide which software will be implemented at your company?
- How much do you rely on out of the box software vs. software you have customized in-house?
- Many small firms don’t have the advantage of an in-house IT department. At what point in an engineering firm’s growth do you think an IT department is needed and what are some of the pitfalls if they don’t have one?
- How do you think the future of artificial intelligence will influence IT jobs and the engineering world?
Here are some key points discussed in this episode about IT Professionals:
In this episode, I talk with Josh Haynam, co-founder of Interact, which is a quiz marketing tool used by more than 40,000 companies around the world. We talk about the benefits of building accountability into your engineering career. Josh gives an excellent analogy that he uses in terms of how a coach can help you to advance in your career and life.
Here are some of the key points discussed on building accountability into your Engineering Career:
In episode 76 of The Civil Engineering Podcast, I interview two guests that work in the Civil Engineering world and have worked on very special engineering projects that are helping our community and the world as a whole. They are Alan Lloyd, CIH, CSP, Associate Vice President and Corporate Health and Safety Officer from Pennoni, and Menzer Pehlivan, Ph.D., P.E., from CH2M who was one of the stars in the Dream Big Movie.
Here are some of the questions I ask our guests on impacting the world through these special engineering projects:
How to Communicate Effectively on Civil Engineering Projects
In episode 074 of The Civil Engineering Podcast, I talk with Steve Soldati, PE about how to communicate effectively on civil engineering projects.
Here are some of the questions I ask Steve about communicating effectively on civil engineering projects :
- Why is communication important for engineering professionals?
- What are some things you have done to improve your skills?
- Are there any tools that you use or recommend to improve/streamline communications?
- Can you give examples of positive/negative communication instances in your career?
- Talk about team communication early in project development.
- Tell us about conflict resolution within a team.