Call us at 201.857.2384 for more information about our training programs.
Technical skills don’t make great engineering managers. The equation for great managers = Technical Skills + People Skills + Project Management Skills…
How many engineering professionals do you know that possess all of these skills? At EMI, we provide training on people and project management skills through programs that are designed with frameworks and accountability, and delivered by engineers, to ensure learning happens. Scroll down to view our proven programs. You can contact us at (800) 920-4007 ext. 800 or by submitting a request through this form for further information.
"All of our engineers from entry level through upper-level managers have been able to connect with Anthony Fasano of EMI in one way or another. His advice is practical and to the point. He is able to engage everyone in the conversation because he is both a good speaker and listener. We are very pleased we found a professional who epitomizes what a successful engineer-leader can be."
VINCENT SIEFERT, P.E.
CEO, Siefert Associates
“The Engineering Management Accelerator program was a great way to train a group of managers, from different disciplines and office locations, without incurring travel costs. They learned how to collaborate and solve business problems by utilizing technology, which can be a huge benefit in a multi-locational company. Our managers enjoyed the project challenge part of the training because “it was a real life issue that we had to solve” and will take the skills they developed in the workshops and “apply them to their everyday interactions.”
JESSICA VISCUSO, MBA, SHRM-CP
Director of Learning & Development, Pennoni
Explore our training programs
Project Management Accelerator - PM Skills Course (LIVE Online) | 5 PDHs
The Project Management Accelerator (PMA) - PM Skills Course is a five-week (one hour per week) online interactive course that provides a great foundation for engineering professionals looking to build or improve their project management skills. Topics covered include:
- Utilize a proven framework of questions for clearly identifying and managing project scope,
- Learn how create and manage a project schedule by learning the two key elements of a schedule,
- Estimate project costs effectively utilizing three different cost estimating techniques from the Project Management Institute's PMBOK,
- Develop a practical project plan, and then utilize it to assess the project, identify scope creep, and keep projects on track, and
- Run efficient project kick-off meetings, and other project communication best practices.
Engineering Management Accelerator - People Skills Course (LIVE Online) | 5 PDHs
The Engineering Management Accelerator (EMA) - People Skills Course is a five-week (one hour per week) online interactive course that provides a great foundation for engineering professionals looking to build or improve their people management skills. Topics covered include:
- Effective communication (with team members and clients),
- Building expertise,
- Improving public speaking skills,
- Boosting productivity,
- Relationship building, and
- High leverage leadership including delegation.
Civil Engineering Collective
- T - Training – Remote live interactive monthly PDH sessions on important topics like people and project management and business development skills.
- E – Executive Mastermind Group Coaching – One of your firm leaders will be part of a group with other non-competitive civil firm leaders to gain insights and advice on growing your firm.
- A – Talent Acquisition – If you can’t find good people, your civil firm won’t grow. Through our content platforms, we will put your job openings in front of a talented pool of civil engineering professionals.
- M – Marketing – Your firm will become a household name by being broadcast across our content channels, making it easier for your firm to expand geographically.
Custom Training with Training Needs Assessment
Are you part of a growing engineering organization that is looking for training that serves the exact needs of your professionals? At EMI we use our patented diagnostic and assessment tools to help you identify the real skillset gaps and learning preferences of your team. Using this information, we can design and deliver a program custom to your development needs and training budget.
"The team that went through the accelerator program presented their project to our executive team, which included our CEO who was extremely engaged and was very impressed with not only what they proposed but the teamwork that went behind putting the presentation together. Overall Maser Consulting was extremely happy with the accelerator program, the skill building that our employees got out of it, and the presentation that was made was something that will be very valuable to the company and we'll use going forward, and we will surely be enrolling other employees in the program going forward."
ALLISON COLANTUONI, SHRM-CP
Director of Human Resources/Principal, Maser Consulting P.A.
"The EMA course helped me step up in my career in a number of areas, including becoming a 'seller-doer', maximizing my billability and communicating at a much higher level in my engineering company. Anthony's clear and concise training modules break down the steps to improving your management skills and give you a lot of opportunity to absorb new concepts as you go. The group exercise has been great in broadening my perspective being successful in work winning and influencing within my own business and has really improved my presentation skills. After joining the course I was promoted twice in the same year moving from a Senior Civil Engineer through to Operations Manager of a GBP 1.4M p.a. consultancy business unit."
Associate Civil Engineer, Senior Project Manager and Operations Manager at Capita Real Estate and Infrastructure, part of Capita Group Plc.
EMI Digital Badging Program
Stand out from the rest. You've earned it.
When you or your employees complete an Accelerator/training program from EMI, you also earn a digital badge that you can share on your social media sites. Click here to learn more.