In this episode, I talk with Dr. Bellandra Foster, P.E., about finding one’s passion and purpose in engineering and making career decisions based on those factors. She also shares insights on coaching, the overlooked costs of being a boss, and the importance of family and self-time.
***The video version of this episode can be viewed here.***
Here Are Some of the Questions I Ask Bellandra:
- Can you share insights about the secret place of importance and its role in your life?
- Has mastering the art of active listening, including the challenges of silence, played a significant role in guiding your path in both professional and personal aspects?
- How would you advise someone to discover their passion and purpose, particularly in the field of engineering?
- How has recognizing your passion and purpose influenced your career decisions and achievements?
- Can you briefly discuss the importance of coaching from both the perspective of being a coach and having a coach?
- How does playing for the home team apply to you professionally and personally, considering the secret place aspect you mentioned?
- What are some frequently overlooked costs associated with being in a leadership position?
- Why are family time and personal time important?
- What last piece of advice would you offer to those striving for success in both their professional and personal lives?