Click to listen about drones in civil engineering…
In episode 044 of The Civil Engineering Podcast, I interview Brett Hoffstadt, PMP about drones in civil engineering, how and why they are being used. We talk about the challenges, risks and concerns that go along with using drones in civil engineering.
Here are some of the questions I ask Brett about drones in civil engineering:
- What are drones?
- What are the guidelines and regulations that must be followed in regards to drones in civil engineering?
- Do you need a license or a certification to operate drones?
- How about a license or insurance to operate drones?
- How will drones effect the civil engineering and construction industry?
- Can you give us an example of successful case studies with drones?
- Do you see drones in civil engineering as a way to bring in more customers and come up with other potential revenue streams?
- What are the first things to do when engineers want to start getting into this aspect of the field?