In this episode, we talk with Mohsen Radi, PhD, PE, M.ASCE, a distinguished Civil and Geotechnical Engineer about the dynamic crossroads of earth science, geology, and mechanics in geotechnical engineering.
Here Are Some of the Questions We Ask Mohsen:
- Can you give an overview of the importance of geotechnical engineering in civil engineering?
- What is the most important aspect of geotechnical engineering in civil engineering?
- Can you discuss the crossroads of earth science, geology, and mechanics in geotechnical engineering?
- How do soil and rock mechanics principles shape the design and construction of structures?
- What are some of the challenges that geotechnical engineers face when dealing with different soil and rock properties on a site?
- What are the challenges that geotechnical engineers face in different parts of the world?
- What role do geotechnical engineers play in disaster mitigation?
- What are the specific measures that geotechnical engineers can take to enhance the seismic resilience of structures and foundations?
- What are some recent innovations and emerging trends in geotechnical engineering?
- How are geotechnical engineers using remote sensing, geospatial analysis, and numerical modeling to enhance their methodologies?
- What advice would you give to aspiring geotechnical engineers?