In this episode, I talk to Mary Lamie, P.E., the Executive Vice President of The St. Louis Regional Freightway, Bi-State Development, about how supply chain disruptions are affecting engineers and the projects they work on. We also touch on infrastructure investment and some of the latest developments in the freightway to support workforce development.
Here Are Some of the Questions I Ask Mary:
- What’s your role in setting infrastructure priorities and how is it tied to the supply chain?
- How do supply chain disruptions affect engineers and the projects they work on?
- Which technologies have the biggest impact on supply chain performance?
- How does infrastructure influence site selection for the manufacturing and logistics industries?
- What is the importance of multimodal connectivity and its importance from an infrastructure perspective?
- Can you provide us with an example of infrastructure innovation, as well as states and regions working together to support infrastructure investment?
- Can you talk more about workforce development and some of the latest developments in freightway to support workforce development?
- What final piece of advice can you give engineers out there to help mitigate the effect that supply chain disruptions have on their projects?