Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
In this episode, I talk to Matthew Byrd, the president and founder of Nexus 3D Consulting, and founder/host of the Reality Capture Network (RCN), about reality capturing and how it can benefit firms in the AEC industry.
Here Are Some of the Questions I Ask Matthew:
- What is the Reality Capture Network and what does it focuses on?
- What are some of the benefits of reality capturing?
- Who Needs to Use Reality Capture Technologies?
- What opportunities does the generation coming into engineering have to be game-changers in the organizations they work for when it comes to implementing reality capture technology?
- What are some examples of the types of physical spaces where reality capture shines?
- What is the difference between terrestrial laser scanning and unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs)? How can companies identify which one of these two will fit their needs?
- What is a point cloud and what kind of firms could benefit from using it?
- Where do you see the model of educating people in reality capture technology going in the AEC?
- Do you have any examples of how reality capture technology is creating — and not taking away — opportunities?
Here Are Some Key Points Discussed in This Episode About How Reality Capturing can Benefit Firms in the AEC Industry:
[Read more…] about AECT 010: How Reality Capturing can Benefit Firms in the AEC Industry