In this episode, I have the pleasure of speaking with Ziad Y. Mazboudi, P.E., D.WRE, F.ASCE, MBA, a senior civil engineer and project manager at Transtech Engineers, Inc. We discuss how civil engineers can play a vital role in promoting sustainable practices within their industry, and how getting involved in professional associations can enhance their careers.
***You can view the video version of this episode here.***
Here Are Some of the Questions I Ask Ziad:
- What are the key differences between working as a civil engineer in the local government sector and the private sector?
- In what ways has your experience in the public sector contributed to the growth of your engineering career?
- What steps can civil engineers take to incorporate more environmentally friendly building practices, and how can this contribute to a more sustainable future?
- How can engineers promote sustainability within their industry, and what actions can they take to achieve this?
- Why is it important for engineers to give back to their community, and what are some specific ways they can contribute to society?
- What advice would you offer to civil engineers seeking to advance their careers?