In this episode, I talk with Tony Munson, author of People Skills for Engineers. Tony talks about the technical and non-technical skills that engineers need to possess to become successful engineers. He also talks about how you can make a good first impression on your boss, and explains how to correct versus criticize someone. His tips are so practical and easy to implement, and they will help you to take your people skills to the next level.
In episode 043 of The Civil Engineering Podcast, I interview Bob Willard, a leading expert on quantifying and selling the business value of corporate sustainability strategies.
Here are some of the questions I ask Bob:
- How would you describe sustainability in your own words?
- Why is sustainability an advantage for corporations?
- Why don’t more companies try to become more sustainable if there are so many benefits to it?
- For some reason, it seems that the initial immediate reactions to the thought of implementing sustainability are very negative. Why is that?
- What are some things I can do as an employee to help my company become more sustainable?
- How would you recognize a company that is practicing sustainability?
Quotes to think about: